Why would I want this job?
The Stock Plan Administrator will administer the company stock plans. Prepare and provide information to employees about vesting schedules, exercise process and eligibility. Prepare new hire and other stock grants and process employee transactions to exercise options. Maintain and update stock awards databases, prepare reports and perform analysis. Additionally, Stock Plan Administrator will work on projects of limited complexity in a support role.
What would I be doing?
- Maintain daily record keeping of equity data and ensure quality control of the record keeping system
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Generate and review for accuracy recurrent and ad-hoc reports for Finance, Payroll, HR and Legal Administer ESPP including purchase of shares; monitor ESPP limits
- Administer the Company’s ESPP program while ensuring accurate and timely enrollment and/or removal from the program.
- Maintain an effective partnership with Finance, Tax, Payroll and HR departments to effect transaction processing
- Communicate plan provisions to employees and resolve employee issues or concerns as appropriate
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings, including equity-related disclosures for proxy statements
- Collaborate with internal and external tax and legal advisors on global equity matters
- Work closely with share transfer agent
- Research and analyze programs, processes and procedures to make recommendations and improvements
- Assist with managing employee trading plans (10b5-1)
- Prepare custom reports and perform complex reconciliations to review accuracy of equity and transaction data
- Administer the Company’s equity compensation plans, including processing all equity transactions in our equity administration platform (equity awards, amendments, cancellations, reporting, etc.) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Partner with Payrolls on proper and timely tax withholding and remittance on equity related transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of the CD&A section of the annual proxy statement.
- Reconcile the Company’s equity award activity against the equity platform on a monthly basis.
- Actively manage the equity plan and program vendors ensuring customer service levels remain high while providing relevant, required, and timely data to our corporate partners.
- Work with Internal Audit regarding SOX compliance with regulatory requirements and various filings.
- Communicate, educate, and answer questions regarding the Company’s stock award programs
- Maintain Computershare database and conduct regular audits against HR database for completeness (terminations, account changes, etc.)
- Assist with equity sections of compensation survey submission annually.
- Support other compensation projects and initiatives as needed
- Assist with accurate and timely preparation of Section 16 Forms 3, 4, and 5
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and foreign regulations along with securities laws
Other Important Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance matters as they relate to equity. Knowledge of equity-related accounting, tax, and legal concepts
- Assist with the preparation of year-end tax information for IRC 6039 reporting as needed
- Handle related email correspondence and fill in on follow-up items when other office personnel are absent (as needed)
- As part of the EMS- Environment Management System, will meet compliance obligations and accountability by contributing but not limited to the company’s recycling guidelines, proper waste and other environmental performance practices
- Will be required to perform other job functions, as assigned
What would make me qualified?
- 5+ years in stock administration for a publicly traded U.S. company preferred
- Strong academic background; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced analytical ability, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with outsourced equity platform preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with equity programs and platforms, multiple equity award types, transaction volume, equity taxation and accounting and employee education programs
- Advanced skills in Excel and in HR systems
- Analytical thinker, extreme organizer, detail-oriented
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with sensitive compensation data
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment