Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Senior Tax Director, our client is looking for a talented and motivated Tax Director (US Taxes) to be a part of the company’s tax leadership. The role will have a broad range of responsibilities. As a truly global group operating in a fast paced business environment, the successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The ability to collaborate cross-functionally within company and drive successful business results will also be important. The successful candidate will be able to prioritize appropriately, maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside of company.
What would I be doing?
- Identifying tax issues & opportunities, and implementing appropriate strategies to manage tax risk & taxes;
- Directing & undertaking the analysis & interpretation of new/existing US Federal and State tax laws, case law and rulings (including those related to the TCJA); initiating recommendations and tax policy changes;
- Providing tax advice on key business & corporate initiatives and serving as a key member of the cross-functional team assigned to support our dynamic business operations and strategic planning platforms;
- Management of global transfer pricing, including oversight of internal & external resource, directing strategic analysis & documentation workstreams;
- Managing tax aspects of M&A activities and related post-transactional integrations;
- Initiating, directing & guiding the formulation and execution of macro tax strategies, and the development of methodologies to ensure consistency and defensibility of tax positions;
- Review of US International Tax calculations for quarterly US GAAP reporting and US tax compliance purposes;
- Engagement and management of external tax advisors; and
- Partnering with our Director (Tax Reporting & Compliance) & Director (Non US Taxes), in particular to ensure the US GAAP & US tax compliance consequences of any US tax matters are understood, implemented, validated and appropriately reported.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MST
- Big 4 experience a plus
- 10+ years relevant tax experience, in public accounting or industry
- Significant practical experience in US tax, US international tax and US Tax Reform matters
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to identify, research and propose resolutions on tax issues
- Must possess strong organizational and leadership skills, including ability to prioritize
- Detailed oriented, with proven ability to drive projects to fruition
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and an ability to foster a team-oriented environment.
- Management of external providers
- Ability to develop, as well as implement, a strategic vision