Why would I want this job?
Our Tax Leader will play a critical role in our business by partnering with a team of tax professionals to deliver our clients with tax planning and projection services, along with their annual small business returns and the business owners’ individual tax return. This role will operate as a Subject Matter Expert for the firm location(s) in regards to all things tax! For those interested, this opportunity is on the career path to move into a Managing Director of a firm location or region.
What would I be doing?
- Partner with our tax professionals who support a great group of client accounts from month to month in support of their small business tax planning & preparation. Oversee client tax management & interactions.
- Provide team oversight and final sign-off/review of tax filings (S-Corp, LLC, 1040) for the small business owners’ corporate and individual needs. Prepare and/or review returns that have complex needs.
- Facilitate client meetings for complex tax consultation; support clients with ongoing tax planning & projections and advise on tax strategies.
- Consult with clients to help them understand their financials and guide them toward greater profitability.
- Plan, supervise and review client engagement/tax project work.
- Resolution of client issues as needed.
- Lead team members as needed and directed.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree; in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master’s degree in Taxation a plus!
- A big plus is someone who has or is in the process of qualifying for certification as a CPA or Enrolled Agent (EA).
- At least 7 years of recent experience in producing tax returns for S-Corps, LLCs, Partnerships, Sole Proprietors, etc.; Ability to complete business owners’ 1040 personal return.
- Deep understanding of tax forms (1065, 1120-S, K-1, etc.) and laws.
- Previous leadership experience of managing team of tax or accounting professionals.
- Previous experience presenting, explaining, and discussing financial reports with clients.
- US Work Authorization is required.
Location: This role is located in the greater Providence area (North Smithfield, RI) area and will operate in a hybrid working environment once full training/integration has occurred. Relocation will be offered for the right candidate!