Why would I want this job?
As a key member of the Tax team, you will be working closely with our, finance teams, and will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting and reporting for income taxes. You will also have the opportunity to work on special projects, as appropriate.
What would I be doing?
- Oversee the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision and the related financial statement disclosures, including MD&A
- Promote automation and optimal use of the Company’s information systems for the taxation area including the use of tax accounting software such as Longview
- Coordinate the activities of third-party consultants as required in delivering the tax provision
- Provide ad-hoc tax advice to the business units, on transactions and projects in different jurisdictions including acquisitions, divestitures, and corporate legal entity structure
- Research, determine and document the compliant and efficient tax treatment for a wide variety of complex transactions
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Develop internal process and protocol to ensure adequate controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Monitor legislative tax developments and assess their impact on the provision
What would make me qualified?
- 7+ years of relevant experience including U.S. and Canadian tax regulations
- Knowledge of US GAAP and an in-depth understanding of ASC 740
- Familiarity with tax accounting software packages
- Experience working at one of the “Big 4” accounting firms in the tax advisory group
- Talented at analyzing and researching complex issues and developing solutions to optimize tax positions
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of challenges and opportunities and see them through to resolution
- A strong communicator who conveys insights, concepts and ideas in a clear, simple and concise manner
- A collaborative partner
- English (written and spoken) is the language used primarily, as work colleagues and clientele are both geographically dispersed within and outside of Quebec.
- Open to work travel on a as needed basis