Why would I want this job?
This position is an important member of the corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Team. This role is an integral position in the company’s FP&A process – responsible for being engaged in agency business plans and evaluating performance relative to targets.
What would I be doing?
The FP&A team provides critical insight to senior management in order to optimize decisions. This position will report to Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Manage the Executive metrics schedules and internal FP&A reporting tools on a monthly basis
- Assist in driving core planning processes and forecasts in close coordination with other members of the FP&A team (quarterly and annual forecasts, scenario modeling)
- Understand & drive insights from the operating units and full company P&L
- Analyze financial results and communicate key messages to senior members of the FP&A team
- Assist in analysis and presentation of strategic materials for key management meetings
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Analyze existing processes and identify process improvement opportunities and provide support as new processes are coordinated and put in place
- Team player that is also self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Other ad hoc analytical projects as needed
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience including finance and systems administration
- Detail-oriented and well organized with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Comfortable with and able to effectively communicate with senior members of the FP&A team
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Prior experience with Hyperion, SAP, Oracle or similar relational database
- Experience with financial system transformation a plus